With the recent news surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we wanted to reach out and share precautions the i.d.e.a. Museum is taking for our members and guests, as we currently remain open for regular business.
The i.d.e.a. Museum has established cleaning protocols, as well as health and wellness guidelines featured in our FAQs page . While the prevalence of the virus in Arizona is low at this time, we are taking additional precautions during this cold/flu season. This includes:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning common spaces and high-touch surfaces
- Installing a bin in ArtVille where caregivers can place newly soiled toys
- Providing additional hand sanitizer throughout the museum
- Posting CDC-recommended general hygiene reminders in restrooms
If something seems untidy, please alert our staff so we can address immediately. We encourage all guests to wash hands before and after playing at the museum. Staff have always been directed to stay home when they are ill.
Currently, there are no changes to scheduled events, classes or programs. The City of Mesa and the i.d.e.a. Museum are monitoring the impact of COVID-19 in the community daily and staying abreast of public health recommendations. We will keep you informed of any changes in our museum schedule.
To prevent the spread of illness and align with CDC recommendations, please stay home when ill. For the most up to date information regarding Coronavirus symptoms, prevention and treatment, and frequently asked questions, we recommend the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- World Health Organization
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a visit to the museum, please contact us at ideaMuseum@mesaaz.gov or 480.644.2468.
Click here for City of Mesa updates.