Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday, May 9. We have a few ideas for unique, creative gifts from our iArt archives. An adult may need to assist your little ones with some of these creative activities, so enlist someone who can keep mom’s gift a secret. Check them out below.
Additionally, at the museum, we will be making artful frames in the HUB Gallery as a special activity on Mother’s Day. We also continue to offer half-price admission – $4.50 per person ages 1 and up (regularly $9) – so you can enjoy some quality, creative time together with Mom.
From our artful archives
Get creative making a gift for mom! Many of these activities can be done with materials you may already have at home. Details in each activity link or video.
- Create a colorful mug, jewelry bowl or vase for mom. Find materials and inspiration by clicking link. Video instructions:
- Make a flower collage! This activity was promoted for Earth Day, but also makes a wonderful decorative addition for mom’s reading space. Click link for materials and instructions.
- Paint flowers or something mom loves on a paper plate. Find some inspiration by clicking this link.
- Make a wild flower bouquet. Just make sure your pipe-cleaner stems are long enough to put into a vase. Details here.
- Try painting a lovely landscape with watercolors. Click link for some inspiration, or check out video.